|Federal Appropriation Law
|Ignorance of the Law is no excuse. And our Government runs by laws, regulations and Comptroller
General (CG) decisions. As a Federal employee, you need to know how appropriations,
regulations, administrative discretion and CG decisions affect your daily duties and activities. This
is an essential course for effective Agency management. Learn why certain kinds of seemingly
normal expenditures may be questionable. This course will help you identify situations warranting
attention and provide a basis for dealing with them appropriately.
Using case studies, participants will learn:
- Appropriations: legal framework, availability and use.
- Acquisition: goods and services provisions.
- Availability: purpose, time, amount.
- The Necessary Expense Doctrine, Augmentation Concept and the Bona Fide Need Rule.
- Continuing resolutions, obligations, and reprogramming rules.
|Audience: All federal personnel benefit from knowing legal/illegal practices.